As the tagline, OnePlus states “Never settle”. The developers have also never settled in developing these devices. OnePlus has stepped up its game by launching robust smartphones in the market.
The brand is providing affordable smartphones with all the advanced technologies. Last year, OnePlus launched two high-tech handsets, OnePlus 7 Pro and the game-changer OnePlus 7T.
Though the two phones aren’t much different from each other in many aspects, there are quite a few differences. Let’s check them out.
Similarities between the OnePlus 7 Pro and the OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 7 Pro and the OnePlus 7T have a few features similar to each other. First, let us take a look at the similar features in the two smartphones.
- Both the smartphones have high screen-to-body ratio, though the OnePlus 7 Pro is slightly better with a pop-up front camera.
- Both have a screen-enabled fingerprint scanner.
- A 48MP primary camera lens is common in both models, followed by a 16MP ultra-wide.
- The 16MP 25mm front camera lens is offered in both.
- Both the phones have a Fluid AMOLED display with an impressive 90Hz refresh rate.
- They both have a 90Hz refresh rate.
- A Qualcomm Snapdradon 855 SoC powered both the OnePlus devices, though the 7T has an 855+ option. The similarities also include an Adreno 640 GPU.
The OnePlus 7 Pro is available in Mirror grey, and Nebula blue, while the OnePlus 7T comes in Frosted Silver and Glacier Blue.
The OnePlus 7 Pro and the OnePlus 7T run on slightly different processors. The OnePlus 7T is powered by a set of 2.96Ghz single-core, 2.42GHz tri-core and 1.8GHz quad-core processor.
On the other hand, OnePlus 7 Pro gets a lesser clocking 2.84GHz single-core in the set. Besides just that, the 7T has a bigger RAM with an 8GB capacity compared to the 6GB of the 7 Pro. Though not in a huge way, this impacts the performance by a slight margin.
OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7T have marginally different Li-ion battery packs. The 7 Pro gets a 4,000mAh battery, while the 7T Pro packs a smaller 3,800mAh battery, though both get warp (fast) charging.
Both these OnePlus smartphones have a base model with 128GB internal storage. However, none of these smartphones have an expandable storage option with a microSD.
As for the display, the OnePlus 7 Pro is slightly better in this regard. It gets a slightly bigger 6.67-inch screen compared to the 6.55-inch of the 7T. The pro model also gets a better 1,440 x 3,120 pixels for a sharper viewing experience. However, both the models have a Fluid AMOLED display type.
Now, coming to the camera section, there is little difference between the OnePlus 7 Pro and 7T. Both the smartphones have a 48MP primary and 16MP wide-angle lens setup. However, the 7T gets a 12MP telephoto lens, while the 7 Pro has a weaker 8MP version. As a result, the 7T can click better portraits and zoomed images, along with macro photography.
Practically, there isn’t much of the difference when comparing both in the real world. The dynamic range is more or less the same and so is the HDR. However, you will feel the difference in the telephoto photography, where the 7T seems to have better clarity, while the 7 Pro excels in the zooming.
Besides these, the other camera reviews are similar for both the devices.
OnePlus 7T Pros
- A budget-friendly option
- Hotshot Fluid AMOLED screen
- Outstanding video and image quality
- High bass stereo speakers
- High battery power and turbo fast charging
- Par excellence performance with 8GB RAM
OnePlus 7T Cons
- No external storage
- No audio jack
OnePlus 7 Pro Pros
- Notchless and bezel-less full display with pop-up front camera
- Rocks in the term of security with an inbound fingerprint scanner paired with an optical sensor
- This device has a turbocharging feature that can charge up to 48% in just 20 minutes
OnePlus 7 Pro Cons
- It has no 3.5mm slot point for headphones
- Non-expandable storage
- It does not have stereo sound
The all-new OnePlus 7T shares a wide range of similarities with the bigger OnePlus 7 Pro. The latest inclusions on the 7T are an advanced processor, scantily high battery power, and a new color update.
However, considering that the 7T is the more affordable version, the features and specification sheets seem to be good for the price. On the other hand, the OnePlus 7 Pro is the perfect blend of the smaller 7T and bigger 7T Pro.
But irrespective of what the specifications suggest, the difference between the OnePlus 7T and 7 Pro is negligible in the practical world. While the 7 Pro is a high-end smartphone, the 7T is more focused on being a budget-friendly version.
Name: Maria Baeza
Bio: Maria Baeza is a Content Marketing Manager at Top MobileTech. It is a blog where I cover all the tips & tricks related to Mobile and more related to tech. Stay connected to the rest of the world with Top Mobile Tech.
Txorli – best ed pills Ooluuf